Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) is committed to protecting your privacy. We have prepared this policy to describe to you our practices regarding the personal data (as defined below) we collect from users of our website.
Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) (“Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) ) is committed to conducting its business in accordance with all applicable Data Protection laws and regulations and in line with the highest standards of ethical conduct. This policy sets forth the expected behaviours of Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Employees and Third Parties in relation to the collection, use, retention, transfer, disclosure and destruction of any Personal Data belonging to an Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Contact (i.e. the Data Subject). Personal Data is any information (including opinions and intentions), which relates to an identified or Identifiable Natural Person. Personal Data is subject to certain legal safeguards and other regulations, which impose restrictions on how organizations may process Personal Data. An organization that handles Personal Data and makes decisions about its use is known as a Data Controller. Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) as a Data Controller, is responsible for ensuring compliance with the Data Protection requirements outlined in this policy. Non-compliance may expose Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) to complaints, regulatory action, fines and/or reputational damage. Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) s leadership is fully committed to ensuring continued and effective implementation of this policy, and expects all Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Employees and Third Parties to share in this commitment. Any breach of this policy will be taken seriously and may result in disciplinary action or business sanction.
This policy has been approved by Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) For further information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
This policy applies to all Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entities where a Data Subject’s Personal Data is processed:
- In the context of the business activities of the Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entity.
- For the provision or offer of goods or services to individuals (including those provided or offered free-of-charge) by a Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entity.
- To actively monitor the behaviour of individuals.
- Monitoring the behaviour of individuals includes using data prosessing techniques such as persistent web browser cookies or dynamic IP address tracking to pro le an individual with a view to:
- Taking a decision about them.
- Analysing or predicting their personal preferences, behaviours and attitudes.
This policy applies to all Processing of Personal Data in electronic form (including electronic mail and documents created with word processing software) or where it is held in manual les that are structured in a way that allows ready access to information about individuals. This policy has been designed to establish a worldwide baseline standard for the Processing and protection of Personal Data by all Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entities. Where national law imposes a requirement which is stricter than imposed by this policy, the requirements in national law must be followed. Furthermore, where national law imposes a requirement that is not addressed in this policy, the relevant national law must be adhered to. If there are conflicting requirements in this policy and national law, please consult with Office of Data Protection for guidance. The protection of Personal Data belonging to Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Employees is not within the scope of this policy. It is covered in the Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) ‘Data Protection for Employee Data’ policy.
Employee - An individual who works part-time or full-time for Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) under a contract of employment, whether oral or written, express or implied, and has recognized rights and duties. Includes temporary employees and independent contractors.
Third Party - An external organisation with which Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) conducts business and is also authorised to, under the direct authority of Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Process the Personal Data of Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Contacts.
Personal Data - Any information (including opinions and intentions) which relates to an identified or Identifiable Natural Person.
Contact - Any past, current or prospective Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) customer.
Identifiable Natural Person - Anyone who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Data Controller - A natural or legal person, Public Authority, Agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the Processing of Personal Data.
Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entity - A Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) establishment, including subsidiaries and joint ventures over which Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) exercise management control.
Data Subject - The identified or Identifiable Natural Person to which the data refers.
Process, Processed, Processing - Any operation or set of operations performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data, whether or not by automated means. Operations performed may include collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Data Protection - The process of safeguarding Personal Data from unauthorised or unlawful disclosure, access, alteration, Processing, transfer or destruction.
Data Protection Authority - An independent Public Authority responsible for monitoring the application of the relevant Data Protection regulation set forth in national law.
Data Processors - A natural or legal person, Public Authority, Agency or other body which Processes Personal Data on behalf of a Data Controller.
Consent - Any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the Data Subject’s wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the Processing of Personal Data relating to him or her.
Special Categories of Data - Personal Data pertaining to or revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership; data concerning health or sex life and sexual orientation; genetic data or biometric data.
Third Country - Any country not recognised as having an adequate level of legal protection for the rights and freedoms of Data Subjects in relation to the Processing of Personal Data.
Profiling - Any form of automated processing of Personal Data where Personal Data is used to evaluate specific or general characteristics relating to an Identifiable Natural Person. In particular to analyse or predict certain aspects concerning that natural person’s performance at work, economic situations, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behaviour, location or movement.
Binding Corporate Rules - The Personal Data protection policies used for the transfer of Personal Data to one or more Third Countries within a group of undertakings, or group of enterprises engaged in a joint economic activity.
Personal Data Breach - A breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, Personal Data transmitted, stored or otherwise Processed.
Encryption - The process of converting information or data into code, to prevent unauthorised access.
Pseudonymisation - Data amended in such a way that no individuals can be identified from the data (whether directly or indirectly) without a “key” that allows the data to be re-identified.
Anonymisation - Data amended in such a way that no individuals can be identified from the data (whether directly or indirectly) by any means or by any person.
4.1.1 Office of Data Protection
To demonstrate our commitment to Data Protection, and to enhance the effectiveness of our compliance efforts, Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) has established an Office of Data Protection. The Office operates with independence and is staffed by suitability skilled individuals granted all necessary authority. The Office of Data Protection reports to Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) s Chief Risk Officer who has direct access to the Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Board of Directors. The Office of Data Protection includes regional Data Protection Officers (DPOs) whose duties include:
- Informing and advising Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) and its Employees who carry out Processing pursuant to Data Protection regulations, national law or Union based Data Protection provisions;
- Ensuring the alignment of this policy with Data Protection regulations, national law or Union based Data Protection provisions;
- Providing guidance with regards to carrying out Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs);
- Acting as a point of contact for and cooperating with Data Protection Authorities (DPAs);
- Determining the need for notifications to one or more DPAs as a result of Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) s current or intended Personal Data processing activities;
- Making and keeping current notifications to one or more DPAs as a result of Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) s current or intended Personal Data processing activities;
- The establishment and operation of a system providing prompt and appropriate responses to Data Subject requests;
4.1.1 Office of Data Protection (Cont.)
- Informing senior managers, officers, and directors of Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) of any potential corporate, civil and criminal penalties which may be levied against Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) and/or its Employees for violation of applicable Data Protection laws.
- Ensuring establishment of procedures and standard contractual provisions for obtaining compliance with this Policy by any Third Party who:
- provides Personal Data to a Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entity
- receives Personal Data from a Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entity
- has access to Personal Data collected or processed by a Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entity.
4.1.2 Policy Dissemination & Enforcement:
The management team of each Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entity must ensure that all Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Employees responsible for the Processing of Personal Data are aware of and comply with the contents of this policy. In addition, each Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entity will make sure all Third Parties engaged to Process Personal Data on their behalf (i.e. their Data Processors) are aware of and comply with the contents of this policy. Assurance of such compliance must be obtained from all Third Parties, whether companies or individuals, prior to granting them access to Personal Data controlled by Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation)
4.1.3 Data Protection by Design
To ensure that all Data Protection requirements are identified and addressed when designing new systems or processes and/or when reviewing or expanding existing systems or processes, each of them must go through an approval process before continuing.
Each Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entity must ensure that a Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA) is conducted, in cooperation with the Office of Data Protection, for all new and/or revised systems or processes for which it has responsibility. The subsequent findings of the DPIA must then be submitted to the Chief Risk Officer for review and approval. Where applicable, the Information Technology (IT) department, as part of its IT system and application design review process, will cooperate with the Office of Data Protection to assess the impact of any new technology uses on the security of Personal Data.
4.1.4 Compliance Monitoring To confirm that an adequate level of compliance that is being achieved by all Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entities in relation to this policy, the Office of Data Protection will carry out an annual Data Protection compliance audit for all such Entities. Each audit will, as a minimum, assess: Compliance with Policy in relation to the protection of Personal Data, including:
- The assignment of responsibilities.
- Raising awareness.
- Training of Employees.
- The effectiveness of Data Protection related operational practices, including:
- Data Subject rights.
- Personal Data transfers.
- Personal Data incident management.
- Personal Data complaints handling.
- The level of understanding of Data Protection policies and Privacy Notices.
- The currency of Data Protection policies and Privacy Notices.
- The accuracy of Personal Data being stored.
- The conformity of Data Processor activities.
- The adequacy of procedures for redressing poor compliance and Personal Data Breaches.
- The Office of Data Protection, in cooperation with key business stakeholders from each Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entity, will devise a plan with a schedule for correcting any identified deficiencies within a defined and reasonable time frame. Any major deficiencies identified will be reported to and monitored by the Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Executive Management team.
Personal Data complaints handling.
4.2 Data Protection Principles
Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) has adopted the following principles to govern its collection, use, retention, transfer, disclosure and destruction of Personal Data:
Principle 1: Lawfulness, Fairness and Transparency
Personal Data shall be processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the Data Subject. This means, Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) must tell the Data Subject what Processing will occur (transparency), the Processing must match the description given to the Data Subject (fairness), and it must be for one of the purposes specified in the applicable Data Protection regulation (lawfulness).
Principle 2: Purpose Limitation
Personal Data shall be collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further Processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes. This means Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) must specify exactly what the Personal Data collected will be used for and limit the Processing of that Personal Data to only what is necessary to meet the specified purpose.
Principle 3: Data Minimisation
Personal Data shall be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are Processed. This means Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) must not store any Personal Data beyond what is strictly required
Principle 4: Accuracy
Personal Data shall be accurate and, kept up to date. This means Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) must have in place processes for identifying and addressing out-of-date, incorrect and redundant Personal Data.
Principle 5: Storage Limitation
Personal Data shall be kept in a form which permits identification of Data Subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the Personal Data is Processed. This means Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) must, wherever possible, store Personal Data in a way that limits or prevents identification of the Data Subject.
Principle 6: Integrity & Confidentiality
Personal Data shall be Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the Personal Data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful Processing, and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) must use appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of Personal Data is maintained at all times.
Principle 7: Accountability
The Data Controller shall be responsible for, and be able to demonstrate compliance. This means Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) must demonstrate that the six Data Protection Principles (outlined above) are met for all Personal Data for which it is responsible.
4.3 Data Collection
4.3.1 Data Sources
Personal Data should be collected only from the Data Subject unless one of the following apply:
- The nature of the business purpose necessitates collection of the Personal Data from other persons or bodies.
- The collection must be carried out under emergency circumstances in order to protect the vital interests of the Data Subject or to prevent serious loss or injury to another person.
If Personal Data is collected from someone other than the Data Subject, the Data Subject must be informed of the collection unless one of the following apply:
- The Data Subject has received the required information by other means.
- The information must remain confidential due to a professional secrecy obligation.
- A national law expressly provides for the collection, Processing or transfer of the Personal Data.
4.3.1 What Data Do We Collect ?
- Phone Number
- Flight Information
- Documents required by the airline
- Bank Information
4.3.1 Data Sources (Cont.)
- One calendar month from the first collection or recording of the Personal Data
- At the time of first communication if used for communication with the Data Subject
- At the time of disclosure if disclosed to another recipient.
4.3.2 Data Subject Consent
Each Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entity will obtain Personal Data only by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate with the knowledge and Consent of the individual concerned. Where a need exists to request and receive the Consent of an individual prior to the collection, use or disclosure of their Personal Data, Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) is committed to seeking such Consent.
The Of ce of Data Protection, in cooperation with Group General Counsel, the Chief Risk Officer, the Chief Information Security Officer, the Chief Information Officer, and other relevant business representatives, shall establish a system for obtaining and documenting Data Subject Consent for the collection, Processing, and/or transfer of their Personal Data. The system must include provisions for:
- Determining what disclosures should be made in order to obtain valid Consent.
- Ensuring the request for consent is presented in a manner which is clearly distinguishable from any other matters, is made in an intelligible and easily accessible form, and uses clear and plain language.
- Ensuring the Consent is freely given (i.e. is not based on a contract that is conditional to the Processing of Personal Data that is unnecessary for the performance of that contract).
- Documenting the date, method and content of the disclosures made, as well as the validity, scope, and volition of the Consents given.
- Providing a simple method for a Data Subject to withdraw their Consent at any time.
4.3.3 Data Subject Notification
Each Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entity will, when required by applicable law, contract, or where it considers that it is reasonably appropriate to do so, provide Data Subjects with information as to the purpose of the Processing of their Personal Data.
When the Data Subject is asked to give Consent to the Processing of Personal Data and when any Personal Data is collected from the Data Subject, all appropriate disclosures2 will be made, in a manner that draws attention to them, unless one of the following apply:
- The Data Subject already has the information3
- A legal exemption applies to the requirements for disclosure and/or Consent.
The disclosures may be given orally, electronically or in writing. If given orally, the person making the disclosures should use a suitable script or form approved in advance by the Office of Data Protection. The associated receipt or form should be retained, along with a record of the facts, date, content, and method of disclosure.
4.3.4 External Privacy Notices
Each external website provided by a Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entity will include an online ‘Privacy Notice’ and an online ‘Cookie Notice’ fulfilling the requirements of applicable law. Refer to Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) s ‘Internet Privacy Notice’ and ‘Internet Cookie Notice’ standard templates for guidance. All Privacy and Cookie Notices must be approved by the Office of Data Protection prior to publication on any Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) external website.
4.4 Data Use
4.4.1 Data Processing
Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) uses the Personal Data of its Contacts for the following broad purposes:
- The general running and business administration of Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entities.
- To provide services to Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) customers.
The use of a Contact’s information should always be considered from their perspective and whether the use will be within their expectations or if they are likely to object. For example, it would clearly be within a Contact’s expectations that their details will be used by Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) to respond to a Contact request for information about the products and services on offer. However, it will not be within their reasonable expectations that Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) would then provide their details to Third Parties for marketing purposes.
Each Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entity will Process Personal Data in accordance with all applicable laws and applicable contractual obligations. More specifically, Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) will not Process Personal Data unless at least one of the following requirements are met:
- The Data Subject has given Consent to the Processing of their Personal Data for one or more specific purposes.
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the Data Subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the Data Subject prior to entering into a contract.
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Data Controller is subject.
- Processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the Data Subject or of another natural person.
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Data Controller.
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Data Controller or by a Third Party (except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the Data Subject, in particular where the Data Subject is a child). There are some circumstances in which Personal Data may be further processed for purposes that go beyond the original purpose for which the Personal Data was collected. When making a determination as to the compatibility of the new reason for Processing, guidance and approval must be obtained from the Office of Data Protection before any such Processing may commence.
4.4.1 Data Processing (Cont.)
In any circumstance where Consent has not been gained for the specific Processing in question, Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) will address the following additional conditions to determine the fairness and transparency of any Processing beyond the original purpose for which the Personal Data was collected:
- Any link between the purpose for which the Personal Data was collected and the reasons for intended further Processing.
- The context in which the Personal Data has been collected, in particular regarding the relationship between Data Subject and the Data Controller.
- The nature of the Personal Data, in particular whether Special Categories of Data are being Processed, or whether Personal Data related to criminal convictions and offences are being Processed.
- The possible consequences of the intended further Processing for the Data Subject.
- The existence of appropriate safeguards pertaining to further Processing, which may include Encryption, Anonymisation or Pseudonymisation.
4.4.2 Special Categories of Data
Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) will only Process Special Categories of Data (also known as sensitive data) where the Data Subject expressly consents to such Processing or where one of the following conditions apply:
- The Processing relates to Personal Data which has already been made public by the Data Subject.
- The Processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- The Processing is specifically authorised or required by law.
- The Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the Data Subject or of another natural person where the Data Subject is physically or legally incapable of giving consent.
Further conditions, including limitations, based upon national law related to the Processing of genetic data, biometric data or data concerning health.
In any situation where Special Categories of Data are to be Processed, prior approval must be obtained from the Office of Data Protection and the basis for the Processing clearly recorded with the Personal Data in question. Where Special Categories of Data are being Processed, Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) will adopt additional protection measures. Each Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entity may also adopt additional measures to address local custom or social expectation over the Processing of Special Categories of Data.
4.4.3 Children’s Data
Children are unable to Consent to the Processing of Personal Data for information society services5. Consent must be sought from the person who holds parental responsibility over the child. However, it should be noted that where Processing is lawful under other grounds, Consent need not be obtained from the child or the holder of parental responsibility. Should any Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entity foresee a business need for obtaining parental consent for information society services offered directly to a child, guidance and approval must be obtained from the Office of Data Protection before any Processing of a child’s Personal Data may commence.
4.4.4 Data Quality
Each Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entity will adopt all necessary measures to ensure that the Personal Data it collects and Processes is complete and accurate in the first instance, and is updated to reflect the current situation of the Data Subject.
- Correcting Personal Data known to be incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, ambiguous, misleading or outdated, even if the Data Subject does not request rectification.
- Keeping Personal Data only for the period necessary to satisfy the permitted uses or applicable statutory retention period.
- The removal of Personal Data if in violation of any of the Data Protection principles or if the Personal Data is no longer required.
- Restriction, rather than deletion of Personal Data, insofar as: o a law prohibits erasure.
- erasure would impair legitimate interests of the Data Subject.
- the Data Subject disputes that their Personal Data is correct and it cannot be clearly ascertained whether their information is correct or incorrect.
4.4.5. Profiling & Automated Decision-Making
Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) will only engage in Pro ling and automated decision-making where it is necessary to enter into, or to perform, a contract with the Data Subject or where it is authorised by law.
Where a Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entity utilises Pro ling and automated decision-making, this will be disclosed to the relevant Data Subjects. In such cases the Data Subject will be given the opportunity to:
- Express their point of view.
- Obtain an explanation for the automated decision.
- Review the logic used by the automated system.
- Supplement the automated system with additional data.
- Have a human carry out a review of the automated decision.
- Contest the automated decision.
- Object to the automated decision-making being carried out. Each Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entity must also ensure that all Pro ling and automated decision-making relating to a Data Subject is based on accurate data.
4.4.6. Digital Marketing
As a general rule Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) will not send promotional or direct marketing material to a Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Contact through digital channels such as mobile phones, email and the Internet, without first obtaining their Consent. Any Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entity wishing to carry out a digital marketing campaign without obtaining prior Consent from the Data Subject must first have it approved by the Office of Data Protection.
Where Personal Data Processing is approved for digital marketing purposes, the Data Subject must be informed at the point of first contact that they have the right to object, at any stage, to having their data Processed for such purposes. If the Data Subject puts forward an objection, digital marketing related Processing of their Personal Data must cease immediately and their details should be kept on a suppression list with a record of their opt-out decision, rather than being completely deleted.
It should be noted that where digital marketing is carried out in a ‘business to business’ context, there is no legal requirement to obtain an indication of Consent to carry out digital marketing to individuals provided that they are given the opportunity to opt-out.
4.5. Data Retention
To ensure fair Processing, Personal Data will not be retained by Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) for longer than necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was originally collected, or for which it was further Processed. The length of time for which Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entities need to retain Personal Data is set out in the Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) ‘Personal Data Retention Schedule’. This takes into account the legal and contractual requirements, both minimum and maximum, that influences the retention periods set forth in the schedule. All Personal Data should be deleted or destroyed as soon as possible where it has been confirmed that there is no longer a need to retain it.
4.6. Data Protection
Each Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entity will adopt physical, technical, and organisational measures to ensure the security of Personal Data. This includes the prevention of loss or damage, unauthorised alteration, access or Processing, and other risks to which it may be exposed by virtue of human action or the physical or natural environment.
The minimum set of security measures to be adopted by each Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entity is provided in the Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) ‘Information Security Policy’. A summary of the Personal Data related security measures is provided below:
- Prevent unauthorised persons from gaining access to data processing systems in which Personal Data are Processed.
- Prevent persons entitled to use a data processing system from accessing Personal Data beyond their needs and authorisations.
- Ensure that Personal Data in the course of electronic transmission during transport cannot be read, copied, modified or removed without authorisation.
- Ensure that access logs are in place to establish whether, and by whom, the Personal Data was entered into, modified on or removed from a data processing system.
- Ensure that in the case where Processing is carried out by a Data Processor, the data can be Processed only in accordance with the instructions of the Data Controller.
- Ensure that Personal Data is protected against undesired destruction or loss. Ensure that Personal Data collected for different purposes can and is Processed separately.
- Ensure that Personal Data is not kept longer than necessary.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
4.6. Data Project Request
The Office of Data Protection will establish a system to enable and facilitate the exercise of Data Subject rights related to:
- Information access.
- Objection to Processing.
- Objection to automated decision-making and pro ling.
- Restriction of Processing.
- Data portability.
- Data rectification.
- Data erasure.
If an individual makes a request relating to any of the rights listed above, Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) will consider each such request in accordance with all applicable Data Protection laws and regulations. No administration fee will be charged for considering and/or complying with such a request unless the request is deemed to be unnecessary or excessive in nature. Data Subjects are entitled to obtain, based upon a request made in writing to the Office of Data Protection and upon successful verification of their identity, the following information about their own Personal Data:
- The purposes of the collection, Processing, use and storage of their Personal Data.
- The source(s) of the Personal Data, if it was not obtained from the Data Subject;
- The categories of Personal Data stored for the Data Subject.
- The recipients or categories of recipients to whom the Personal Data has been or may be transmitted, along with the location of those recipients.
- The envisaged period of storage for the Personal Data or the rationale for determining the storage period.
- The use of any automated decision-making, including Pro ling.
4.7. Data Subject Requests
- The right of the Data subject to:
- Object to Processing of their Personal Data.
- Lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority.
- Request rectification or erasure of their Personal Data.
- Request restriction of Processing of their Personal Data.
All requests received for access to or rectification of Personal Data must be directed to the Office of Data Protection, who will log each request as it is received. A response to each request will be provided within 30 days of the receipt of the written request from the Data Subject. Appropriate verification must confirm that the requestor is the Data Subject or their authorised legal representative. Data Subjects shall have the right to require Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) to correct or supplement erroneous, misleading, outdated, or incomplete Personal Data.
If Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) cannot respond fully to the request within 30 days, the Office of Data Protection shall nevertheless provide the following information to the Data Subject, or their authorised legal representative within the specified time:
- An acknowledgement of receipt of the request.
- Any information located to date.
- Details of any requested information or modifications which will not be provided to the Data Subject, the reason(s) for the refusal, and any procedures available for appealing the decision.
- An estimated date by which any remaining responses will be provided.
- An estimate of any costs to be paid by the Data Subject (e.g. where the request is excessive in nature).
The name and contact information of the Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) individual who the Data Subject should contact for follow up.
It should be noted that situations may arise where providing the information requested by a Data Subject would disclose Personal Data about another individual. In such cases, information must be redacted or withheld as may be necessary or appropriate to protect that person’s rights. Detailed guidance for dealing with requests from Data Subjects can be found in the Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) ‘Data Subject Request Handling Procedures’ document.
4.8. Law Enforcement Requests & Disclosures
In certain circumstances, it is permitted that Personal Data be shared without the knowledge or Consent of a Data Subject. This is the case where the disclosure of the Personal Data is necessary for any of the following purposes:
- The prevention or detection of crime.
- The apprehension or prosecution of offenders.
- The assessment or collection of a tax or duty.
- By the order of a court or by any rule of law.
If a Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entity Processes Personal Data for one of these purposes, then it may apply an exception to the Processing rules outlined in this policy but only to the extent that not doing so would be likely to prejudice the case in question.
If any Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entity receives a request from a court or any regulatory or law enforcement authority for information relating to a Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Contact, you must immediately notify the Office of Data Protection who will provide comprehensive guidance and assistance.
4.9. Data Protection Training
All Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Employees that have access to Personal Data will have their responsibilities under this policy outlined to them as part of their staff induction training. In addition, each Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entity will provide regular Data Protection training and procedural guidance for their staff.
The training and procedural guidance set forth will consist of, at a minimum, the following elements:
- The Data Protection Principles set forth in Section 4.2 above.
- Each Employee’s duty to use and permit the use of Personal Data only by authorised persons and for authorised purposes.
- The need for, and proper use of, the forms and procedures adopted to implement this policy.
- The correct use of passwords, security tokens and other access mechanisms.
- The importance of limiting access to Personal Data, such as by using password protected screen savers and logging out when systems are not being attended by an authorised person.
- Securely storing manual les, print outs and electronic storage media.
- The need to obtain appropriate authorisation and utilise appropriate safeguards for all transfers of Personal Data outside of the internal network and physical office premises.
- Proper disposal of Personal Data by using secure shredding facilities.
- Any special risks associated with particular departmental activities or duties.
4.10. Data Transfer
Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entities may transfer Personal Data to internal or Third Party recipients located in another country where that country is recognised as having an adequate level of legal protection for the rights and freedoms of the relevant Data Subjects. Where transfers need to be made to countries lacking an adequate level of legal protection (i.e. Third Countries), they must be made in compliance with an approved transfer mechanism. Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entities may only transfer Personal Data where one of the transfer scenarios list below applies:
- The Data Subject has given Consent to the proposed transfer.
- The transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract with the Data Subject.
- The transfer is necessary for the implementation of pre-contractual measures taken in response to the Data Subject’s request.
- The transfer is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract concluded with a Third Party in the interest of the Data Subject.
- The transfer is legally required on important public interest grounds.
- The transfer is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- The transfer is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the Data Subject.
4.10.2. Transfers to Third Parties
Each Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entity will only transfer Personal Data to, or allow access by, Third Parties when it is assured that the information will be Processed legitimately and protected appropriately by the recipient. Where Third Party Processing takes place, each Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entity will first identify if, under applicable law, the Third Party is considered a Data Controller or a Data Processor of the Personal Data being transferred. Where the Third Party is deemed to be a Data Controller, the Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entity will enter into, in cooperation with the Office of Data Protection, an appropriate agreement with the Controller to clarify each party’s responsibilities in respect to the Personal Data transferred.
Where the Third Party is deemed to be a Data Processor, the Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entity will enter into, in cooperation with the Office of Data Protection, an adequate Processing agreement with the Data Processor. The agreement must require the Data Processor to protect the Personal Data from further disclosure and to only Process Personal Data in compliance with Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) instructions. In addition, the agreement will require the Data Processor to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the Personal Data as well as procedures for providing notification of Personal Data Breaches. Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) has a ‘Standard Data Processing Agreement’ document that should be used as a baseline template.
When a Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Entity is outsourcing services to a Third Party (including Cloud Computing services), they will identify whether the Third Party will Process Personal Data on its behalf and whether the outsourcing will entail any Third Country transfers of Personal Data. In either case, it will make sure to include, in cooperation with the Office of Data Protection, adequate provisions in the outsourcing agreement for such Processing and Third Country transfers. Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) has a ‘Standard Provisions for Outsourcing Agreement’ document that should be used for guidance.
The Office of Data Protection shall conduct regular audits of Processing of Personal Data performed by Third Parties, especially in respect of technical and organisational measures they have in place. Any major deficiencies identified will be reported to and monitored by the Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Executive Management team.
4.11. Complaints Handling
Data Subjects with a complaint about the Processing of their Personal Data, should put forward the matter in writing to the Office of Data Protection. An investigation of the complaint will be carried out to the extent that is appropriate based on the merits of the specific case. The Office of Data Protection will inform the Data Subject of the progress and the outcome of the complaint within a reasonable period.
If the issue cannot be resolved through consultation between the Data Subject and the Office of Data Protection, then the Data Subject may, at their option, seek redress through mediation, binding arbitration, litigation, or via complaint to the Data Protection Authority within the applicable jurisdiction.
4.12. Breach Reporting
Any individual who suspects that a Personal Data Breach has occurred due to the theft or exposure of Personal Data must immediately notify the Office of Data Protection providing a description of what occurred. Notification of the incident can me made via e-mail – email@example.com
The Office of Data Protection will investigate all reported incidents to confirm whether or not a Personal Data Breach has occurred. If a Personal Data Breach is confirmed, the Office of Data Protection will follow the relevant authorised procedure based on the criticality and quantity of the Personal Data involved. For severe Personal Data Breaches, the Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Group General Counsel will initiate and chair an emergency response team to coordinate and manage the Personal Data Breach response.
5. Policy Maintenance
All inquiries about this policy, including requests for exceptions or changes should be directed to the Office of Data Protection via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
This policy shall be available to all Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Employees through the Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Policy at www.flygkompensation.se or via alternative means as deemed appropriate by the Office of Data Protection.
5.2 Effective Date
This policy is effective as of today, 25.05.2018.
The Office of Data Protection is responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of this policy. Notice of significant revisions shall be provided to Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Employees through the Human Resources department. Changes to this policy will come into force when published on Trio Invest AB (Flygkompensation) Policy Portal.